Vivian Lewis - Comments
Editor and founder of Global-Investing.com
Contributor's Links: Global Investing

Vivian Lewis is editor and founder of Global-Investing.com, the daily blog newsletter for Americans and others seeking to internationalize their portfolios. She brings unique experience and competence to the business of picking foreign stocks.

After graduating from Harvard magna cum ... more

Ten Plagues

to some extent that was also the case for Moses. But I am not going to do biblical prophesy. today I am writing about my first relatives in lockdown, my neice's parents in Turin. this thing is not reall a joke any more and the stock market is showing its fear Monday

Best & Worst ADRs - Monday, Feb. 17

I cannot figure out how his ratings are derived

Our 2020 Outlook And The Coronavirus

one is still above our basis, NIO; while and Beigene is down because of non-corona virus concerns. please visit www.global-investing.com to learn ore about our service. It is currently impossible for tech reasons at seekingalpha for me to offer a link so it is up to you

vivian

Fintech Cyber Attacks

yes but in fact it is a pain in the butt when your brokerage account locks you out because you are visiting relatives in Britain even though you know your ID and password--just as a precaution of course. so you have to phone long distance on your sister-in-law's phone to clear it up and that makes you a bad guest. this is based on my experience. most cyber security interventions are stupid.

vivian

Self-Impeachment?

The 1968 riots at Columbia University were allowed to continue until the students had fallen out among themselves over violence. I guess a campus is more obviously a place to support free speech than Wall Street but both of them need to be criticized from time to time for their own good. Columbia U is in Manhattan.

In this article: MSFT
Seasonal Trading Patterns For The World's Biggest Economies

This is an example of the post hoc ergo prompter hoc fallacy. it's not that simple

which of course is a shame. Moreover the funds listed may not be the best way to get the trend for the foreign market in question. There are more than fund flows within the country which account for market moves, alas.

In this article: S
The World’s Weird Self-Organizing Economy

in energy statistics the past is prologue but doesn't determine outcomes. as technology improves developing countries CAN get electricity without carbon, for example in countries with lots of sun. We have a pick in India. And in western countries too even with oil prices falling it is not hard to fine alterrnative energy plays.

Daily Stock Pick: Invesco Ltd. (IVZ)

the stock selection business is under a cloud as investors buy index funds. the author and many analysts he quotes are optimistic based on earlier investing methods, but we need to be told why we are going back to them, if he believes this. It could be argued that the market volatility and downtrend in late 2018 will lead to a recovery for stock-picking, but that will require more than just quoting some figures subject to change from analysts covering Invesco

In this article: IVZ
We Called It: Benitec Common Stock Up 104.5%; Warrants Doubled

I am very proud of having stuck to my guns

In this article: BNTC
Global Investing: Oh Cannabis

if it works it will be wonderful. It sounds icky to put a tiny drug feed into the eyeball but it is a way to deliver the medication where needed. I wrote about its great performance to boost my newsletter subscriber base but none of my foreign picks this year to date have done as well