James Hanshaw - Comments
Private Investor
Contributor's Links: Natural Elegance

I am retired apart from managing family investments - mostly equities. I live near Zürich, Switzerland. I keep physically fit by walking and mentally fit by writing mostly on philosophy, economics and politics. My writing is sometimes published internationally.

As a retired ... more

Why You Should Consider Investing In Art

Bindi, My email address is jbhanshaw gmail.com James

Why You Should Consider Investing In Art

Thank you for the compliment. I do not expect a great deal of appreciation for my art but a local expert told me just yesterday she thinks it could do quite well at an exhibition later this year. I do nudes and/or head and shoulder pictures, to suit the wishes of the subject. Bye. James

Why You Should Consider Investing In Art

That maybe the case with lots of art but some stocks are pricy too. you can buy some nice pieces of art for the price of one Lindt & Sprüngli voting share at around $90,000 each, LISN on the Zürich exchange. Berkshire Hathaway shares, BRK.A, would buy some ok pieces of art too at around $272,000 each.

I am an artist and if you come my way - I live in Zürich - I will do a drawing of you for slightly less! James

Why You Should Consider Investing In Art

A conversation on art and art investing - people sharing knowledge

Why You Should Consider Investing In Art

Where are the comments on this article?

The World Is Rapidly Burning Through Its Conventional Oil Reserves

Super article. I thought I watch such developments but I missed this important trend

In this article: USO
Five Power And Pollution Disrupters

Those that read my article might find my latest one of interest seekingalpha.com/.../4318312-linde-praxair-new-energy-major

In this article: ABB, CODGF, SBGSF, IBM, DLR, GE, AIQUF, FB, BP, BXP, PSPSF, AAPL
Five Power And Pollution Disrupters

Thank you for the follow up. My opinion has been hardened since I wrote that given the denial of problems by many political leaders including recently the PM of Australia whose country is the world’s worst per capita polluter in the world.

I like to look for solutions and found some very positives moves towards hydrogen that I put into this article a few days ago. James seekingalpha.com/.../4318312-linde-praxair-new-energy-major

The Canadian Stock Market Takes Leave Of The Economy

Good article. I was about to buy into Riocan to get onto the Toronto property market boom but now will not. That might be a boom with foundations on sand