Danny Straus - Comments

Danny Straus

Startup Entrepreneur

Founder and CEO of a new startup currently in stealth mode.  Stay tuned for the next big idea!

Bring Back The Curtain

Doesn't Russia control the energy for nearly all of Europe?  If Europe turns up the pressure on Putin too much, can't he simply turn off the gas and let them freeze?

Free From Opinion

Interesting, thanks. I will check out the book.

These 5 Stocks Have Been Pounded Off Their Highs

I was sold in the first few seconds!

A First-Hand Account Of What Rally Happened At WeWork

Would really love to hear more about #WeWork. You ended that story way too soon!

In this article: WE
Shelves Begin To Empty As Supply Chain Buckles Under Inflation

This is getting scary and it's only going to get worse!

The Omicron Cloud

I disagree. I think that if someone has symptoms, just assume you have it and stay home. Does it even matter if it is Covid or something else?  Why get other people sick?

Instead, they should save the tests for people who know they have been exposed, but have no symptoms - those are the most dangerous as they will continue to walk around and infect countless others, without even knowing it!

The Omicron Cloud

Thanks for writing this, but I don't see how it answers my question from your previous article.  Once again: If Omicron is much more contagious (I've read 10X as contagious!, but not as deadly, won't it still kill more people?  If it infects 10 times as many people, even if it's half or 1/4 as deadly, more people would still die simply because so many more people are infected, no?

In fact I just read on the homepage of CNN that two new studies confirms that Omicron is much milder - one report said it is 66.67% less likely to lead to hospitalization than Delta, and the other report said 80% less likely.  Very encouraging!  But it also goes onto say that it is so much more contagious, that it is still likely to overwhelm hospitals.  That's a big problem.  And the more people who get it, the more people there are to spread it.

It's Good To Be A Guinea Pig

Question: If Omicron is much more contagious (I've read 10X as contagious!, but not as deadly, won't it still kill more people?  If it infects 10 times as many people, even if it's half or 1/4 as deadly, more people would still die simply because so many more people are infected, no?

Mu - The Newest Worry

Great, that's all we need to start off the new year.  Yet another Covid variant.

AAPL Apple Inc.
AAUKY ANGLO AM PLC ADR
ACRS Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc.
ADBE Adobe Systems Incorporated