Power Hedge - Comments
Analyst

Power Hedge is an independent stock research and analysis firm with a passion for macro- and microeconomic analysis. Power Hedge focuses our research primarily on dividend-paying, international companies of all sizes with sustainable competitive advantages. Power Hedge is neither a permabear nor ... more

Gold And Silver Holdings Of Trusts And Funds - Price Manipulation

Sooner or later, the ability of the Fed and others to manipulate the market via paper gold will go away. Somebody will try to take physical delivery and there won't be any gold to deliver. That's when the price will ultimately explode upward.

In this article: GLD, SLV
This Chart Reveals Google’s True Dominance Over The Web

Google has already begun getting investigated for monopolistic behavior in the EU, although nothing has come of that just yet.

If this isn't a monopoly though, I don't know what is.

The Amazing Amount Of Gold The U.S. Exported Since 2000

Originally it's because the 1960s saw lots of European countries wanting to exchange their US dollars for gold because the dollar was overvalued.

Nowadays, I'm not sure. China was importing it over the past decade in order to back the yuan with gold.

In this article: GLD
Is Cash No Longer Trash?

Excellent article... here's to hoping that we see a real yield on cash sometime soon!

In this article: BIL
The Amazing Amount Of Gold The U.S. Exported Since 2000

Your last sentence says it all and I've been saying the same thing for a long time... the US dollar will lose its reserve status in the future. I'm not sure when, but I keep seeing signs that it could be coming soon. When that happens, I'd rather have my gold and silver than something fiat.

In this article: GLD
What Happened To The Iphone?

I saw a survey back in August that essentially said that Chinese people as a whole felt that the iPhone X was far too expensive and they weren't interested in shelling out that kind of money for a smartphone.

Personally, I have an iPhone SE. I won't be buying another iPhone until Apple offers another one with a 4" screen. For me, the new phones are far too large.

In this article: AAPL
While Everyone Focuses On U.S. Government Shutdown, This Country Faces Crisis

Gold is typically a great asset to hold in times of crisis...

5 Questions On Debt And Financial Crises

Very interesting article... which economies are most at risk then using the alternative model discussed?

Taking Turns With The B(L)S

Yes, you are correct. We also have a problem with the accumulated deficits in that if rates go much higher, the Federal government may start to have difficulty paying the interest due on the debt.

The Case For Responsible Innovation

Good article. I've been worried for a while about where some of these innovations being discussed now may take us or leave humans and so maybe something needs to be done to ensure that innovation is responsible and good for society.