Louis Jackson - Comments

Louis Jackson

Academic Turned Trader

I am a political scientist by training, having received a B.A. and M.A. in one of the least marketable college majors known to humanity. After struggling to find a full time position in the post-2008 world of higher education, I turned to the world of trading.

Market Talk - Thursday, February 8

The fact that people are reacting to this correction with “the decline just feels orderly” makes me wonder if there is still too much complacency, and that we may be nowehere near enough fear for a bottom to form.

Stocks And Precious Metals Charts - The Tendency Is To Push It As Far As You Can

I'm no dollar bull, but it still seems like it may have some gas left in the tank (and still pretty oversold). 92's in DXY could come and test the trendline. Once rates and dollars don't hang over gold's head, it will probably be a great buy. I'm on the sidelines til then.

Futures Sliding After-Hours As Volatility Resumes Rise

Seems like this has been happening like clockwork...at the same time each day in AH trading. There may still be some shenanigans left with these volatility instruments.

In this article: XIV, VXX
What Happened To The Iphone?

Here's the release from Apple back in December that mentions the software update in early 2018 : www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

In this article: AAPL
What Happened To The Iphone?

I may look into alternatives like Android when I'm ready for a new phone (hopefully at least a couple of years from now).

In this article: AAPL
What Happened To The Iphone?

I read that there would be a software update that would allow users to improve power and show more data regarding the health of the battery. Hopefully this will be the case.

In this article: AAPL
What Happened To The Iphone?

That was inexcusable what Apple did to older phones. Supposedly even some iphone 6/7's were affected. I think Apple is supposed to be fixing that issue.

In this article: AAPL
A Reversal Day Often Marks The Short-Term Bottom

I'd like to see Dennis Gartman come out and announce he's buying dollars right as it approaches overhead resistance, and I'd like to see him say "I shall be selling gold." Then I can load up on $GLD and $GDX again.

What Happened To The Iphone?

I have an iphone 7 which still feels brand new to me. I didn't really need to get it at the time, but I was eligible for an upgrade. I honestly like my old 6 just as well. As long as they're doing little more than upgrading processors and cameras, I won't buy a new one anytime soon. I don't understand how people get so excited over the newer ones.

In this article: AAPL
Fear Creeps Back Into Stocks, Shining A Light On Gold

I might be a buyer in the 1285-1300 area, but for the time being, I would rather sit out gold and let the counter trend bounce in DXY play out.

AG First Majestic Silver Corp.
DUST Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares