Ron Rowland Blog | Talkmarkets | Page 1
Independent ETF Consultant

Retired. Creator/founder of:

* ETF Deathwatch

* ETF Field Guide

* ETF Monthly Stats

* Invest With An Edge

* AllStarInvestor/All Star Fund Trader, All Star Funds, The Sector Ace

 

Articles

Latest Posts
1 to 16 of 82 Posts
1 2 3 ... 6
BVAL: Capturing Brand Value In An ETF
The primary reason companies do not report on this aspect of corporate value is because of the historically qualitative nature of intangible assets such as brand value and customer satisfaction.
Weekly Edge: The Technology And Utilities Conundrum
Investors typically place Technology and Utilities at opposite ends of the equity-investment spectrum. Technology falls squarely in the aggressive camp, while Utilities is often the textbook definition of a conservative equity investment.
The Rise And Fall Of Commodity ETFs
Purveyors of commodity investing vehicles have long touted the diversification benefits of adding commodity exposure to a portfolio. Indeed, the relatively low correlation of commodities to both stocks and bonds does provide diversification.
Weekly Edge: Factors With Persistence Of Performance
Persistence of performance, or the ability of an outperforming ETF to continue its market-beating run, is another way to describe the so-called anomaly that allows momentum strategies to work.
Mega-Cap ETFs
Companies come in all market-capitalization sizes. Large cap, mid cap, and small cap are the most common size designations, and there are many exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) targeting these categories.
ETF Stats For April 2017: Closing In On $3 Trillion
Asset growth for the year now totals $320 billion, with 50.8% coming from inflows and the other 49.2% produced by market gains.
Weekly Edge: Not Much Change Leading Up To FOMC Meeting
There was little to no anticipation leading up to the FOMC meeting that concluded yesterday. This lack of attention was apparently for good reason, as the Federal Reserve revealed nothing of any significance in its post-meeting press release.
Massive Shifts In ETF Relative Strength
French election results pushed all of Europe higher, Technology moves to the top of the sector rankings, and Momentum continues to be the strongest factor.
The ETF Industry ETF
It was only a matter of time before someone created an ETF to track the ETF industry. With last Thursday’s introduction of the ETF Industry Exposure & Financial Services ETF, that time has come.
Celebrating 2,000 ETFs
Today, April 26, 2017, for the first time ever, you have 2,000 U.S.-listed exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) and exchange-traded notes (“ETNs”) from which to choose.
ETFs-of-CEFs
Investing in CEFs can be potentially lucrative, but investors need to be keenly aware of the price premiums and discounts, which are sometimes extreme, that typically accompany these investment vehicles.
Defensive Sectors At The Top
Defensive sectors are on the rise and already control the top of the rankings. Real Estate, one of the new-era defensive sectors, has joined Utilities at the pinnacle, and the traditional defensive sector of Consumer Staples sits in third.
ETF Stats For March 2017: The S&P 500 ETF MegaPlex
Is there any doubt the S&P 500 Index is the most popular investing index in the world? In the ETF world, where transactions take place on a stock exchange, there is really no need to have multiple ETFs targeting the same index.
Real Estate ETFs Climb In Sector Rankings
Utilities tops the sector rankings, but it was the Real Estate ETFs making the largest upside move. Financials, the prime post-election beneficiary has run out of gas.
Micro-Cap ETFs
Micro-cap stocks generally refer to U.S. publicly traded companies with a market capitalization between $50 million and $500 million. Micro-cap ETFs are exchange-traded funds that focus on this segment of the market.
Oil Gains Boost Commodity And Energy ETFs
Although they often move in opposite directions, commodities and the U.S. dollar posted above-average positive returns this past week. Crude oil is trading back above $51, erasing about half of its March freefall and boosting Energy ETFs.
1 to 16 of 82 Posts
1 2 3 ... 6