McBride: “99% Of Crypto Is Absolute Garbage.”

The fourth bitcoin halving is coming, possibly within the week. This happens roughly every four years when the reward for mining bitcoin is cut in half—this time from 6.25 bitcoins to 3.125.

The price of bitcoin ran up considerably after the first three halvings. Does that mean you should run out and buy bitcoin?

You’ll hear all about bitcoin and the vast crypto ecosystem in my latest Global Macro Update interview with Stephen McBride. Stephen is the Chief Analyst at investment research firm RiskHedge, where he runs a crypto investment letter.

We discuss the safest ways to invest in crypto, which is critical in a space that’s attracted more than its share of charlatans. As Stephen says, “99% of crypto is absolute garbage. I wouldn't touch it. I think the other 1% will change the world.”

Stephen shares his crypto portfolio’s largest holding. He also explains how the new bitcoin ETFs will change crypto investing and the critical role of stablecoins in emerging markets. We also discuss real-world applications for the blockchain, including one that could unseat Google Maps.

Stephen worked for me as an analyst many years ago, so I can speak to the high quality of his research. His crypto portfolio outperformed bitcoin, even through the dark days of the last crypto crash. He’s extending a special offer to Global Macro Update readers interested in joining his crypto advisory—learn more here.

Watch my interview with Stephen McBride by clicking the image above. A full transcript of our conversation is available here.

More By This Author:

What Is Gold Telling Us?
Where I See Pockets of Green
The Man Spending $500 Million To Restore Your Digital Privacy
How did you like this article? Let us know so we can better customize your reading experience.


Leave a comment to automatically be entered into our contest to win a free Echo Show.