Dr. Duru - Comments
Self Proprietor, Ahan Analytics, LLC
Contributor's Links: Ahan Analytics One-Twenty Two

Dr. Duru Ahanotu is a graduate of Stanford University with over fifteen years of experience doing analytic modeling, executing pricing strategies through price optimization, and implementing, developing, and selling enterprise software. He adds to this industry experience another five ... more

Overbought Conditions Finally End - But Can Bears Capitalize?

You're welcome! More to come as the market has broken out again, but it also remains precarious.

In this article: CAT, SPY, IWM, XLF, NDX
Overbought Conditions Finally End - But Can Bears Capitalize?

Quick follow-up to this post in light of the market's sharp rebound! drduru.com/.../t2108-update-190311/

In this article: CAT, SPY, IWM, XLF, NDX
Financials And Small Caps Pushing Market The Last Mile To Overbought

Thanks for noticing! :) Yes. I recently decided to stop syndicating the content of my blog. You can check me out there and subscribe for free to get an email when I post. I will also occasionally post specific content here, but it will be infrequent.

In this article: C, GS, JWN, MTH, PHM, SSO, QQQ, IWM, SPY, XLF, MDB
Financials And Small Caps Pushing Market The Last Mile To Overbought

It is hard to say. Both of those events are now long-standing and on-going. The market has likely incorporated the negative effects already. But again, hard to tell. For the short-term trades, I just try to stay tuned to the price action. So, for example, the price action has remained strong and means the market is not really paying much attention to the shutdown right now. The trade war drama has gone on so long you can argue the market would be a lot higher without it, or you could argue the market has already discounted all the effects and/or is largely ignoring it now.

Regardless, the price action helps reduce the need for guessing about outcomes of catalysts....

In this article: C, GS, JWN, MTH, PHM, SSO, QQQ, IWM, SPY, XLF, MDB
Jim Cramer’s Confusing Calls On Nvidia Corporation

It is definitely hard to impute intention. My biggest issue was his celebration of making the bearish call when he JUST recommended buying the stock ahead of earnings. This is a guy with amazing memory and recall. Perhaps he intended to forgot the mistake he made in that pre-earnings recommendation....but I bet the veteran who received that advice has NOT forgotten....

In this article: NVDA
Jim Cramer’s Confusing Calls On Nvidia Corporation

It was a loooong list of stocks. I am guessing he might say the NVDA thing slipped his mind...or maybe a mental blip.... ;)

In this article: NVDA
Redfin Waves A Red Flag Warning At The Housing Market

Yes, both Zillow and Redfin are getting into this game of being home brokers. It is risky business and both companies are reassuring investors that they have low-risk models for doing so. Hard to correlate this interest with a measure of market health. I definitely think it is a result of scrambling to find ways to diversify business portfolios and find new angles of growth.

In this article: Z, RDFN
Another Amazon Panic – This Time Is Different For Pharmacies

It will probably be robots handling things....

In this article: CVS, WMT, AMZN, WBA
Great Graphic: Euro Bulls Stir But Hardly Shaken

That's a great catch. I am also pretty surprised at the stickiness of the euro long positioning!

In this article: FXE