September 2019 Dividend Income Summary

Further, I had 10 dividend aristocrats that paid me during this month and that is a feat in and of itself. This is thanks to adding 3M (MMM) to my portfolio recently. Further my mutual fund from my old 401k, VINIX, almost came in with $600 for the quarter! I am nervous/anxious to see what this will look like come December. Time will show me, that’s for sure.

Here, it shows that I received a total of $935.35 (up from $757.77 last year) or 43% of my income from retirement accounts and the other 57% was from my individual taxable account portfolio. This % for retirement accounts increased by 12% from last year. Why? Larger dividends from VINIX, VYM, VGK and then my HSA was converted, with far more income than VITSX from prior year, as you’ll see below.

Dividend Income Year over Year Comparison

2018:

2019:

A dividend increase, year over year, of $448… This is a staggering 26% growth rate from prior year. This is happening at THIS LEVEL. I cannot believe it, but I know it’s true. In the words of Kurt Angle, “It’s Damn True”.Well, first, there are 30 companies from my taxable account, versus 24 in the prior year. That alone would set the stage for high dividend income.McDonald’s (MCD) has been growing that dividend steadily, as well as many others within the portfolio, outside of one cut from Kraft (KHC).

In addition, I mentioned earlier the mutual/exchange-traded fund income has been extremely powerful and strong, compared to prior year. The dividend increases are really making an impact across the board.

New investments, versus prior year, are 3M (MMM), UPS (UPS), Cummins (CMI), LyondellBasell (LYB), the breakup of DowDuPont into Dow (DOW), Corteva (CTVA) and DuPont (DD). Talk about a mouthful. Dividend income is coming through all sorts of crevices this time around.

In total, this September was higher by $448 or 26%. At this rate, $2,750 for next year? Is this possible? Yes, as last year’s growth was 28%. Therefore, this has been consistent and I believe I can achieve these 2020 dividend income results.

View single page >> |

Disclaimer: I do not recommend any decision to the reader or any user, please consult your own research. Thank you.

How did you like this article? Let us know so we can better customize your reading experience. Users' ratings are only visible to themselves.

Comments

Leave a comment to automatically be entered into our contest to win a free Echo Show.