4 Best BlackRock Mutual Funds To Buy In 2020

BlackRock Inc. is one of the world’s leading asset management firms offering a range of risk management, strategic advisor and enterprise investment system services. With about $6.8 trillion worth of assets under management (excluding money market assets), as of Jun 30, 2019, the company caters to institutional, intermediary as well as individual investors.

Its offerings range from individual and institutional separate accounts to mutual funds and other pooled investment options. BlackRock aims to provide a wide range of investment solutions to strike a balance between risk and opportunities.

Furthermore, effective fund management and the ability to survive market volatility have resulted in strong fund performance. Let’s consider mutual funds from BlackRock for stunning returns.

BlackRock’s Performance in 2019

The fund family has returned 11.3% in the past year. The initial investment of the majority of BlackRock mutual funds ranges from $0 to $1,000. As of Dec 31, 2019, out of the total number of funds under BlackRock, about 25.2% were load funds, while the remaining 74.8% were no-load funds.

Further, BlackRock New York Municipal Opportunities Fund Institutional Shares (MANKX - Free Report) turned out as one of the best-performing mutual funds from the BlackRock family. The fund posted solid gains in the year-to-date (YTD) timeframe. MANKX, whose income is free from Federal income tax and New York State and New York City personal income taxes, has returned 6.2% over the last one-year period and 6% so far this year.

What Contributed to BlackRock’s Gains?

BlackRock invests in a variety of sectors that are sensitive, cyclical and defensive. From the sensitive sectors, most investments were made in the technology sector. Among the cyclical sectors, the fund family invested the maximum in the financial services sector, while among the defensive sectors it invested heavily in healthcare.

Technology Select Sector SPDR (XLK) has climbed 50.9% over the past year, turning up as the best-performing sector so far this year among the 11 S&P 500 sectors.

1 2 3
View single page >> |

Disclosure: Zacks.com contains statements and statistics that have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but are not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness. References to any specific ...

more
How did you like this article? Let us know so we can better customize your reading experience. Users' ratings are only visible to themselves.

Comments

Leave a comment to automatically be entered into our contest to win a free Echo Show.